All Our Acts of Kindness
Give back and create positive change.
International & National Organizations
- Child Welfare Political Action Committee – This organization, dedicated to foster care reform, is very close to Karla’s heart. She has been a volunteer since 2018.
- Donated $7, 500
- Karla’s 50th birthday party was dedicated to raising funds for CWPAC. In two months, she raised more than $25, 000.
- Stand Up Speak Up has currently donated more than $15, 000 to CWPAC.
- 15 Tees Design Collaboration
- War Amps – Donated $50.00
- Heart & Stroke Foundation – $25.00 Monthly
- The Terry Fox Foundation – Donated $200.00
- Wellspring Cancer Support – Donated $350.00
- Ryerson University Library – Donated $100.00
- Acclaim Health – Donated $500.00
- Sobriety Center – $30.00 Monthly
- Scott’s Mission – $100.00 Monthly
- Halton Healthcare – Wellness products, beauty masks, touchless door openers
- SAVIS of Halton – 50 wellness kits for staff and volunteers, 25 for victims of human trafficking with undergarment satin PJ, silk face masks, jewelry pieces , other items
- Chadwic Home – Jewelry pieces, tea, candy canes, kits for women, staff and kids
- Women’s Resources – 4 pouches for staff: teabags, key chains, chap stick, sanitizer, notebooks, nail files. 8 pouches for women
- Esprit Place – 5 full Women’s kits with undergarments, 20 pieces of jewelry, teas for staff, 15 types kids toys and bracelets
- Shifra Homes – 15 silk pyjamas and undergarments
- Ernestines Women’s Shelter – Donation Kits consisting of Undergarments and Pyjamas, Jewelry Gifts for Staff, and 15 Kids Halloween Costumes.
- Women’s Habitat – 30 Halloween Costumes
- Native Women’s Centre – 5 Silk Masks, 3 Quick Calm Inhalers, 3 Nausea Relief Inhalers donated during COVID-19.
- Halton Women’s Place Shelter – 10 silk masks were donated during COVID-19.
- Syl Apps Youth Centre – We partnered with artist and jewelry designer Mai Lin and donated 11 of total donation of 21 Reminder Anklets to youth workers, nurses, and cleaning staff.
- Acclaim Health Home and Community Care Provider – A cash donation of $2000, $500 of which was given to purchase surgical masks during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Hamilton Food Share – During the COVID-19 pandemic, we saw a greater need for supporting local food banks. We have committed to giving $50 per month beginning in February of 2020.
- London Food Bank – During COVID-19, $100 was donated in honor of Shelley Desrochers. To find out more about Shelley’s story, check out our podcast series.
- Waterloo Food Bank – During COVID-19, $100 was donated.
- Scott Mission – During COVID-19, $200 was donated.
- SAVIS of Halton – During COVID-19, we donated 10 silk masks, 5 Reminder Anklets, and a self-care surprise to volunteers and staff at this Oakville Sexual Assault Centre. Summer 2020, we donated 10 cleansing face masks, 10 Quick Calm Inhaler, 5 Lipsticks, 5 EDC Touch-less Tools, and $250 in cash donation.
- Oakville Trafalgar Hospital – Donated box of lipsticks and some cleansing face masks
- Dr. Bob Kemp Centre for Hospice Care – During COVID-19, we donated 10 silk masks and a self-care surprise to volunteers
- Freds Virtual Walk – During COVID-19, $100.00 was donated to support Toronto’s homeless fundraising initiative.
- Juravinski Hospital – Donated 8 Tim Hortons Gift Cards ranged $10 to $50
- Wellspring Halton – This organization provides support to those living with cancer and their families. We gave a cash donation of $150.
- Regent Park Community Health Centre – The men’s shelter for the homeless is always in need of supplies. Stand Up Speak Up donated 50 pairs of winter socks to help them combat the winter months.
Community Drive Initiatives
In addition to our own giving efforts, we want to encourage and support others in their own Acts of Kindness. We have helped to facilitate and have added our own gifts and donations to a number of projects throughout our own community of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Frontline Workers at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital – Care packages with Suzy Rypkema. We contributed beauty masks as a fun surprise to care kit packages created during COVID-19.
- Frontline Workers at St. Michael’s Hospital – Care packages with our friend Marla. We contributed lipsticks as a fun surprise to care kit packages created during COVID-19.
- Workers at Ian Anderson House – Care packages with Carol Faull. We contributed beauty face masks as a fun surprise to care kit packages created during COVID-19.
- Women at Halton Women’s Place Shelter – Karla discovered a need for bedding sets to help women escaping violence and abuse at home to help them start their lives elsewhere. She, with the help of Zach and the rest of their family, encouraged others to donate and put together 50 bedding sets, with 20 donated by Stand Up Speak Up.
- Circle of Strength Event – Karla’s 50th birthday event brought together more than 170+ incredible women from around the world for a day of inspiring workshops and fun. The event raised more than $25,000 for CWPAC.